About UNSW Security Services
UNSW Security Services has a comprehensive
24 hour security presence on campus and maintains security monitoring services for the University. The primary functions of Security Services are:
- the protection of all people within the University including staff, students, contractors and visitors
- the protection of property
- the prevention and detection of crime
- the operation of a 24 hour control room which monitors building access, CCTV and alarm systems
- the operation of a highly visible NEW Campus Security office located at Gate 2. The new office is staffed by Campus Security and is open 24 hours, 7 days a week.
- wear distinctive uniforms to make them readily identifiable
- are fully licensed Prescribed Officers of the University. This means they have a number of special powers under a variety of Acts of Parliament (i.e. the power to issue parking infringement notices)
- will liaise with law enforcement agencies if criminal activity occurs on campus.
In addition, Security Services participate in the Crime Prevention Partnership with the Eastern Beaches Local Area Command and Randwick council. This partnership proactively develops strategies and action plans to reduce targeted crime areas on and off campus.
Security Services is ALWAYS your FIRST contact point for ANY incident or emergency on campus. Contact them on 9385 6666.
Security Services also operates a 24 hour patrol and an emergency response service. Campus Security officers use high visibility patrolling techniques to deter and respond to crime. These include:
- foot patrols
- security vehicle patrols
- security shuttle bus
- safety escorts.