Buses, trains & ferries
In this section:
131500 Transport Info
- plan your individual trip
- view bus, train and ferry timetables
- view fare information
- download transport apps.
- WH Smith - Newsagent, Shop 4 and 5, Morven Brown Building (C20)
- WH Smith - Newsagent, Shop G035C, The Quadrangle (E15)
- UNSW Post Office, Library Walk, Mathews Building (F22)
- New College Village Convenience Store (H3), New College Postgrad Village, Anzac Pde
Information on where to purchase tickets off-campus.
Buses to UNSW from Central Station
During exam periods, the 891 UNSW Express bus service diverts to a stop near the Randwick Racecourse for student examinations. Bus drivers are instructed that this is a compulsory stop. There are no changes to the route from campus back to Central Station.
The 891 UNSW Express bus service to and from the campus operates on a reduced timetable.
- 339 Central Station on Foveaux St just east of Elizabeth St.
- 372 Central Station
- 373 Museum Station
- 374 Central Station
- 376 Museum Station
- 377 Museum Station
Other key bus services to UNSW
- Metrobus 10 (M10) – Leichhardt to Maroubra Junction via Anzac Parade
- Metrobus 50 (M50) – Drummoyne to Coogee via the City, Anzac Parade and High Street
- 370 - Leichardt to Coogee via Anzac Parade and High Street
- 400 - Burwood to Bondi Junction via High Street.
Bus tickets and fares
Information: bus tickets and fares.
Fare evasion: You can incur an on-the-spot fine of $200 or more if you travel without a valid ticket. State Transit Revenue Protection Officers monitor all bus services and are frequent visitors on bus service routes to and from UNSW campuses.
A courtesy shuttle bus operates between Paddington Campus (UNSW Art and Design, formerly COFA) and UNSW Kensington Campus during the academic year. The shuttle bus stop is located at the Gate 8 entrance on High Street (UNSW Kensington) and at the Greens Rd entrance (Paddington).
Please note the primary purpose of the shuttle bus is to operate as a night shuttle bus. Capacity and frequency is limited. Students and staff are encouraged to take public transport. The shuttle bus service will resume on Monday 13 February 2017.
UNSW students who are eligible for travel concessions can apply for a Concession Opal card.
- Before you can apply, you need to give your consent for UNSW to share your details (your name, date of birth and zID number) with Transport for NSW.
- Log in to myUNSW and tick the checkbox to give your consent (see the Concession Opal card link in the Online Services section of the My Student Profile tab).
- Please allow two business days for your information to reach Transport for NSW before you apply for your Concession Opal card at opal.com.au or by calling 13 67 25 (13 OPAL).
- If at any point you lose your Concession Opal card, please contact Opal directly on 13 67 25 (13 OPAL).
Eligible students travelling outside the Opal zone will need to fill in an Application for a NSW Tertiary Student Concession Card. Please bring the completed form to FM Assist. If at any point you lose your your travel concession card, you will need to apply directly toTransport for NSW For a replacement. Please complete the Replacement Travel Concession form.
Further details about the Concession Opal card are available on opal.com.au.
For further information about eligibility, or providing consent, please contact:
- Student Central, tel: 9385 8500, email: email@example.com
- Facilities Management, tel: 9385 5111, email: firstname.lastname@example.org
No Foils in 2017
Proof of entitlement cards for tertiary students are changing from 1 April 2017. The green Tertiary Student Concession Cards and foil stickers on student ID cards will no longer be accepted after 31 March 2017. They will be replaced by a new proof of entitlement – the Transport Concession Entitlement Card.
For travel within the Opal network, tertiary students will require one of the following (in conjunction with their Concession Opal card):
- An Approved Form of Student ID Card OR
- A Transport Concession Entitlement Card
For travel in regional NSW (outside the Opal network), tertiary students will require the following (in conjunction with a paper ticket):
- A Transport Concession Entitlement Card