Light Rail: Keep up with the latest works
Posted 14 February 2017
Work on the CBD and South East Light Rail now surrounds the UNSW Kensington Campus. There have been changes made to traffic, cycle and pedestrian routes, as well as changes to bus stops and routes.
What is new?
New UNSW Express Bus Stop: Gate 3 (High St)
As part of changing traffic arrangements to accommodate construction, the UNSW Express buses that used to run from Anzac Parade outside NIDA now depart from a new stop on High Street at Gate 3.
UNSW Express Bus Service Changes in February
Timetable changes have been made to simplify UNSW bus services:
- Route 891 is the only dedicated UNSW Express service.
- Route 895 have been renumbered to route 891 and will start from UNSW at Gate 3. There have been no reduction in service levels.
- Route 890 and 892 to and from Circular Quay no longer run.
- All route 891 trips towards Central run from UNSW High Street, Gate 9 and Gate 3.
Feb to May 2017: What's happening near UNSW?
ALTRAC Light Rail will continue work in the Kensington and Kingsford area, within the existing construction zones on Anzac Parade between Todman Avenue and High Street, and between Barker Street and Rainbow Street. Work will also continue at the Randwick Stabling Yard and the Rainbow Street rail yard. Investigation work will continue along the light rail alignment.
Night Works near UNSW: February and March 2017
Night works continue near the UNSW Kensington campus through February and March 2017.
Keep up-to-date with Light Rail
You can keep up-to-date with information relevant to UNSW as it is provided by Transport for NSW here:
- Follow @UNSWLightRail on Twitter
- Visit the UNSW Light Rail website: www.lightrail.unsw.edu.au
- Subscribe to the FM Newsletter for bi-monthly updates.
Transport for NSW provides information about the entire CSELR Project: